Thursday, January 26, 2017

Brandon's Career Intensive Boot Camp experience

Brandon Richardson, an economics major, attended a Career Intensive Boot Camp in the fall during the first semester of his junior year. He highly recommends other students attend one of the upcoming boot camps scheduled for Feb 10-12 or March 3-5 at the Greenly Center in downtown Bloomsburg.

Hurry to sign up today at www.bloomu.edu/careers-bootcamp


 “Prior to going to the boot camp, I had no resume, no cover letter, and no idea what an elevator pitch was, so for me those were key things I wanted to get a handle on by the end of the boot camp. 


During the boot camp, I learned and experienced many things that college doesn’t teach you: what to expect the first day on the job, how to handle on-the-job issues. I got feedback on my resume and practiced interviewing. There were different workshops each day that provided the opportunity to network and meet BU graduates. During the workshops, I heard many stories in different situations that allowed me to reflect on my life after college.

I am very happy that I took advantage of the opportunity. It was a great experience for me that I will never forget, especially meeting Bloomsburg University alumni, professionals, and fellow students and learning about their experiences as an undergraduate, graduate and professional. It is reassuring to know that I am in the same starting position with even more resources to help me accomplish my goals and become a successful professional.

 I would highly recommend this boot camp to other students. It is well worth it as you prepare for life after college.” Brandon Richardson ‘18

No comments:

Post a Comment