Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Huskies Abroad: Taylor's Ireland Exprience


Last Spring semester I got to travel abroad to one of the best places to bring good luck; Limerick, Ireland. I picked Ireland specifically through the recommendation of two of my sisters from Sigma Sigma Sigma, who studied there in the Fall 2015.

My study abroad experience was very exciting because, not only was it my first time in Europe but it was my first time leaving the country! I was lucky enough to go on this trip with three of my friends which made the whole scare of leaving the country by myself for the first time much more relaxed.

My time in Ireland really opened me up to true Irish culture. It gave me knowledge on their social norms and the way a regular undergraduate student at the University of Limerick lives their life. I got to meet incredible people and am still in contact with the neighbors I had while living there who I now consider my great friends. 
Erin McGrogan, Haley DeCarlo, Kayleigh Hild, and Taylor Ziegler visiting the
Cliffs of Moher in County Claire, Ireland on a sunny February afternoon.
I got to travel to four other countries during my time abroad in Ireland including Spain, France, Amsterdam and Italy. Each country gave me such an incredible culture shock (in a good way) and new appreciation for all of the beautiful sights and food from all over. I got to see some important structures from the Vatican to beautiful scenery in Nice, France. I got to live up the night life in Barcelona, Spain and go on shopping adventures in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The whole experience gave me a personal insight into the life-styles of other countries. Being able to adventure out of my comfort zone gave me the understanding of what traveling outside of the country truly is like. 

The biggest thing I can take away from my experience is: live up your life while you are still young, do things that scare you and travel while you still have time!

For more information on where to find out more on the Study Abroad program or Abroad Internships you can check out Husky Career Link at www.bloomu.edu/careers or visit the Study Abroad office in Warren Student Service Center to begin embarking on your study abroad adventure now.
-Taylor Ziegler '17

2 comments:

  1. I do trust all of the concepts you’ve presented on your post. They’re really convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too brief for newbies. May you please extend them a little from subsequent time?Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks.
    New Zealand education Consultants in Chennai
    Study in Europe Consultants in Chennai
    Study in Canada Education Consultants in Chennai

    ReplyDelete


  2. very nice blogs!!! i have to learning for lot of information for this sites...Sharing for wonderful information.

    Masters in France

    ReplyDelete