The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) has 13 openings for student interns - nine in Washington, D.C. and four in Arlington, Va. Interested students need to hurry on this one. Applications are due on Friday, Jan. 8, 2016.
Position details, departments and qualifications can be found at:
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Friday, December 18, 2015
The Center for Professional Development and Career Experience is pleased to announce that service hours for students have been extended into the evenings on Monday through Thursday each week.
The office at 201 SSC, is open Mondays – Thursdays 8:00 AM- 9:30 PM and Fridays 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM. It is also open and staff will be available during the Winter Session. Students who are not on campus during the break can get assistance by scheduling a virtual (phone) meeting.
To make an appointment, stop by or call 570-389-4070. (The office will close at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 24, and will re-open on Monday, Jan. 4 at 8:00 a.m.)
CPDCE staff assists students by providing:
• Career coaching
• Resume/cover letter reviews
• Interview preparation
• Job search strategies
• Experiential learning opportunities: job shadowing, internships
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
For Seniors Only! Feb. 19-21, 2016
You will earn your diploma in May, but are you ready to tackle your job search and catapult yourself to professional career success? Get a crash course to position yourself now to secure that job after graduation by attending Bloomsburg University’s first-ever Career Intensive Boot Camp, Feb. 19-21. Sessions will be held at the Greenly Center, downtown Bloomsburg. This unique offering "for seniors only" will teach you to market and brand your skills and experience to get noticed by employers - and so much more. The registration fee of $35 covers all meals and materials, including a signature BU leather-bound portfolio. Space is limited. Details and registration:
For more information, please contact The Center for Professional Development & Career Experience at 570-389-4070 or ProfessionalU@bloomu.edu
Thursday, December 3, 2015
- Build your professional LinkedIn profile as well as cleaning up ALL OTHER social media accounts! No one wants to have some scary Facebook or Twitter post haunting them while job searching!
- Start taking professional photos for a head shot in order to make your social media outlets look more appealing.
- GO SHOPPING! Gather all kinds of professional attire such as; blazers, suites, professional footwear, blouses and some nice dress pants! You won’t regret buying professional attire when you get called for a job interview.
- Don’t forget to KEEP UP WITH YOUR RESUME. Update it as much as you can, each semester with any new jobs, awards, etc.
- Keep internship searching on Husky Career Link and making sure you are applying to as many as possible, put yourself out there and give yourself options!
- Lastly, build your profile on Husky Career Link and set it up so it sends you alerts on internships and/or job opportunities! This can make your life a lot easier, trust me.
Go to www.bloomu.edu/careers for more info on these topics. Don’t let this winter break slip away. Use it to begin building your successful future!
See below for a description of the positions we have available. For December 2015 grads, these positions are available for start shortly after graduation so they strongly encourage those with Business and/or IT majors to apply!
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accenture, helps U.S. federal agencies build the government of the future. To read more on these opportunities, click here!
New Job opportunities are being updated daily on Husky Career Link!